Fragrant basmati rice is the perfect companion to saucy Indian food. It cooks up quickly and worry-free in the instant pot.Print
This is a instant pot recipe for flavourful basmati rice.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 tbsp refined coconut oil
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp toasted cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 black cardamom pods
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place rice in strainer and rinse under running water until water runs clear. Shake out excess water and place rice into instant pot.
- Add water, refined coconut oil, spices and salt.
- Latch instant pot lid closed, close the vent and press “Rice”. When done, allow rice to pressure release naturally.
- Once vent has released, open lid and fluff rice with a fork and remove spices (cloves, black cardamom pods and cinnamon stick) before serving. Serve with Indian food such as Dairy-Free Butter Chicken or Indian Beef Curry.