CAULIFLOWER + PINE NUT RICE:
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (approx. 1 small or 1/2 normal-sized)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (lightly toasted)
- 3 green onions
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup diced sweet pepper
- zest from 1 small organic lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (approx. 1 small lemon)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Lightly toast 1/2 cup of pine nuts in a dry pan or toaster oven. Check often so they don’t burn. Remove from pan once done so they don’t burn on the afterheat.
- Finely chop green onion and parsley and dice the sweet pepper.
- Pulse cauliflower florets with 1/2 cup of raw pine nuts in a food processor until the consistency of rice. It won’t take long, be careful not to over-process. Transfer to a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Add toasted pine nuts, green onions, raisins, parsley, sweet pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, ground cinnamon, ground allspice, and ground cloves. Stir well to combine.
- If you have the time let sit overnight or 4-6 hours for the flavors to combine.
- Serve as part of a bowl with greens, as a side dish, or eat as is.
- Category: salad
- Method: chopped
- Cuisine: raw
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: cauliflower salad, cauliflower rice, vegan, gluten-free