Pumpkin Spice Power Balls are quick and easy to make and are a healthy snack or dessert. They’re packed with healthy fats, protein, fiber and of course pumpkin spice.
In this recipe, I use canned pumpkin puree since it is easy, but you can use fresh home-made pumpkin puree as well. When buying canned pumpkin puree make sure you buy unsweetened pumpkin puree and NOT pumpkin pie filling. For the oats, I recommend quick cook oats since it makes for a smoother power ball. So make sure you choose gluten-free oats. If the oats also are organic, even better.
I have made these Pumpkin Spice Power Balls both by hand in a stainless steel bowl and wooden spoon, and in my stand mixer equipped by a silicone edge beater.
- 1 can 398 ml | 14 oz pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 cups quick cooking oats (gluten-free)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut to coat the balls
- In a large mixing bowl add pumpkin puree, spices, salt, vanilla extract and coconut sugar. Stir well to combine.
- Add chia seeds, almond butter, cacao powder and stir to combine.
- Add oats and stir to combine.
- Pour shredded coconut on to a plate and prepare a clean plate or two for the finished balls.
- With a spoon scoop out mixture that when rolled between hands is golf ball sized. Roll the ball in the shredded coconut and place on plate.
- Store the power balls in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Category: snacks
- Method: no-cook recipe
- Cuisine: healthy
Keywords: healthy power balls, pumpkin snacks, gluten-free snack, quick and easy snack