Aquafaba Mayo is a fantastic egg-free mayo that is quick to make.
- To make a thick mayo suitable for spreading use 2 tbsp aquafaba : 3/4 cup avocado oil. Use as you would use regular mayo.
- To make a thinner sauce use 1/4 cup aquafaba : 3/4 cup avocado oil. Add chopped herbs, lemon juice, chili sauce or other aromatics to the sauce to pump up the flavour. This sauce is great over fish, seafood and steamed vegetables.
- 2 tbsp – 4 tbsp aquafaba liquid
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 lemon
- Add aquafaba liquid, mustard and salt to blender and blend on high for 10-20 seconds to combine well.
- With the blender on lowest setting pour in a fine stream very slowly in the avocado oil to create the emulsification.
- When all the oil has been added, this will take 2-3 minutes, add the juice from 1/2 lemon and blend on low to incorporate. Store in glass jar for up to one week. If adding herbs and other seasonings to the mayo store for no more than 1-2 days in the fridge.